Kathleen Hyland is a solo Consumer Protection Attorney based out of Baltimore. We’ve talked to dozens of solo and small firm practitioners on the show, but Kat is actually our first consumer rights advocate. I was excited to talk to Kat because many aspects of this niche practice area are actually pertinent to all solo and small firm practitioners, such as the burden of student loan debt.
Kat is also an adjunct professor at the University of Maryland, Francis King Carey School of Law, where she teaches in the Law Practice Management space. Most law schools don’t pay nearly enough attention to this topic, so it’s refreshing to hear how Kat approaches it in her class.
- Learn more at lawhyland.com
- Connect with Kat on Facebook
- Dropbox – File Management
- Clio – Legal Case & Practice Management Software
- LawPay – Credit card processing for attorneys
- Westlaw – Legal research
- RingCentral – Phone system
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to iTunes and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Daylite by Marketcircle – business productivity apps specifically for Apple products, with cloud syncing between your Macs, iPhones, & iPads
- Spotlight Branding – Web presence and branding for law firms – Get a FREE web assessment at spotlightbranding.com/tle
The Law Entrepreneur is produced by Podcast Masters