Elise Buie had to evacuate and leave her life in New Orleans due to Hurricane Katrina, leading to a winding journey across the country that ultimately landed her in Seattle, Washington, where she now practices family law. She’s had to reinvent herself a number of times through this process but she’s always been able to make it work because, as you’ll hear in this episode, she’s a very personal and personable person, which is also reflected in her firm culture and how she practices law.
We also discuss some of the challenges and difficulties when it comes to getting a new job in this profession, as someone who is a little older (in my case) or already has a large family. A lot of firms want to hire a young, unattached associate who they can keep for 20 years – and that can make finding a job especially difficult if, like Elise or myself, you are forced to relocate or choose to change careers in the middle of your professional journey.
- Learn more at elisebuiefamilylaw.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/elisebuiefamilylaw
- Twitter: twitter.com/elisebuie
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/elise-elizabeth-buie-426ba920
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Podium – There are too many communication channels that we have to manage to keep up with potential clients, existing clients, and former clients – but Podium is simplifying this process so that small businesses can keep track of everything from a single dashboard.
- Juris Diction – Next Level Law Practice is Juris Diction’s new training program for estate planning attorneys that want to start or grow profitable and streamlined businesses. Use code TLE150 for $150 off of your course registration at thrivejd.com.
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to callruby.com/lawentrepreneur or call 844.895.7829