Starting your own practice isn’t something they teach in law school. Join me as I sit down with legal professionals to hear firsthand accounts of just how they did it. Today, my guest is Kelsey Johnson. Kelsey is the product manager for AWeber, which is an email marketing platform that quite frankly, I use and have used for years and years. Aweber is a perfect platform and they have enough robust capabilities and complexities, and technical skills that you can grow with that platform to do just about anything little that a smaller solo or small firm practitioner would ever want of their email platform. It is a delightful conversation with Kelsey, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
In this episode, Neil and Kelsey discuss:
- The value of having a platform, such as AWeber, for email marketing to small and solo law firms.
- The benefits of email marketing, not just utilizing social media for your marketing.
- Email marketing beyond the monthly newsletter.
- Unique opportunities to build relationships with marketing.
- Email marketing is like a QR code – it has been around for decades, but it isn’t going to go anywhere. There is value in owning your audience.
- Each person you communicate with holds enormous potential value. The communication and connection is what makes the biggest difference in your email list.
- There are benefits to having landing pages that aren’t just your website’s homepage, in part because they can be directly built for your target audience.
- You can learn from your competitors and how they market and apply those lessons (without plagiarizing) in your own marketing.
“That’s really the best way that you do marketing, is by trying to reach everybody on the platform that they prefer.” — Kelsey Johnson
- Try AWeber today! https://www.aweber.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KelseyColorado
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Spotlight Branding – A legal marketing company that works with solo and small law firms to increase referrals. Go to spotlightbranding.com/TLE for a better way to market your law practice.
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to callruby.com/lawentrepreneur or call 844.895.7829
- Daylite – The all-in-one contact relationship manager. If you feel like it’s time to upgrade from spreadsheets to a CRM, visit marketcircle.com and get your first month free when you mention Law Entrepreneur.