Every year this at this time of year, December, Stacey Brown Randall devotes the month to goal setting. And what you’re going to hear on this episode is me admitting that I’m an utterly terrible person at setting goals. I’m the poster boy for why goal setting is important, and I have demonstrated ample ability to foil my own progress by not setting the goals in a way that they’re achievable, or sustainable, or maintaining the momentum to realize them. So I thought, hey, let’s get Stacey on. We’ll summarize her approach to goal setting, reverse goal setting. And we will do that for episode 300. It’s a great way to kick off January, and I couldn’t be happier to have my friend Stacy Brown Randall on with us again today.
In this episode, Neil and Stacey discuss:
- Setting, and finishing, your goals.
- Reversing yourself into this year’s goal by thinking further out (such as using the 5-3-1 method).
- Being specific and SMART about setting your goals, and tools for helping you achieve them.
- Categories of goals and how to accomplish each type.
- The worst thing you can do when setting goals, is ask yourself what goals you want to set for this year (in the singular).
- Understanding where you want to be in 5 years, will allow you to figure out what you need to do now to get to those desires.
- There are three categories of goals: habit based, activity based, and project based. All are tracked differently.
- Don’t allow past failures to hold you back. Bless it, release it, and be willing to move forward with a clean slate.
“The setting of your goals is typically the easy part. Actually finishing your goals, that’s the hard part. We romanticize this idea of our goals and our vision board and how amazing our life will be when we’ve completed it or crushed those goals, and we don’t pay attention to actually what goes into making those goals a reality.” — Stacey Brown Randall
Get in touch with Stacey:
Further Resources: https://staceybrownrandall.com/goals
Previous Episodes with Stacey:
- Ep. 66 – 3 Principles to Drive Business Growth Through Trust & Referrals – with Stacey Brown Randall
- Ep. 205 – How to Generate Referrals Without Asking – with Stacey Brown Randall
- Ep. 285 – Referrals Revisited: How to Grow Your Business Using Strategic Referrals with Stacey Brown Randall
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to callruby.com/lawentrepreneur or call 844.895.7829
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.