Today my guest is Carl Ficks. Carl is a 30 year litigator who has now pivoted and started a new business called No Surrender that focuses on wellness and physical wellbeing for attorneys and other professional services types. We’re going to talk about why fitness and wellness is so important to attorneys and the legal profession, and some of the really sobering statistics about the extent to which we aren’t paying attention to our own health needs as we try and navigate the world of being a solo or small firm practitioner. I will tell you, in all candor, this is going to be kind of a true confessional episode, because I really feel like I’m the poster boy for the kind of client that Carl is trying to reach. So we’re gonna get a little personal here. I hope you don’t get tired of hearing my own shortcomings, but I think that’s the best way to illustrate what Carl is trying to do and what services he has to offer. There is something for everyone here.
In this episode, Neil and Carl discuss:
- Taking care of your health for busy professionals.
- The first steps to wellness (hint: start small).
- Tips and tricks to establish consistency in your wellness.
- The positive, upward trend in lawyer health and wellness.
- You are your own best asset. You need to treat it the way that you would treat your brand new dream car.
- Self care is not selfish. If you don’t take care of yourself, you will not be able to show up as your best self in your communities or with your clients.
- Celebrate how far you’ve come and the changes that you make along the way.
- You can’t cut corners in the practice of law, and you can’t cut corners in fitness.
“Focus on the gain, not the yawning gap that may lay in front of you.” — Carl Ficks
Get in touch with Carl Ficks:
10 Simple Steps to Get Back in the Game: https://carlficks.com/free
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to callruby.com/lawentrepreneur or call 844.895.7829
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.