Today, my guest is Brian Beckcom. Brian runs a law firm out of Houston, Texas, which is a very successful personal injury law firm that has been growing for the past 20+ years and has had some really interesting cases. We talk a lot about how you go from the initial small law firm and how you take it to that next level with multiple attorneys, lots of staff, and a well-run business that allows you the opportunity to, as he says, spend as much time away from the office as he does inside the office. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
In this episode, Neil and Brian discuss:
- Brian’s journey to building his own personal injury practice.
- The quantum steps from starting a practice to a thriving business.
- Productivity, efficiency, and having the right people in the right seats.
- Ways to write a book (and make it fast and easy!).
- Insurance companies pay millions to stop people from suing others so they don’t have to pay, but they are the first to sue for any slight.
- Build your firm understanding what you want your life to be like. Build your firm around that.
- If you want to grow your firm without going insane, you must have the right people around you, in the right seats, and doing the right job.
- If you’ve been writing a blog, sending newsletters, or making videos for your business for years, you’ve already got the content for a book, it just needs to be repurposed and reformatted.
“Don’t think necessarily about what you want your business to look like, think about what you want your life to look like and then the business fits into that piece.” — Brian Beckcom
Get in touch with Brian Beckcom:
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to www.ruby.com or call 844.311.7829
- Legal Funnels – You’re feeling overwhelmed, overworked, and you feel like you’re doing everything yourself because you lack the systems, procedures, and automations you need for your law firm to run without you…
We will set up automated systems and hire the best virtual assistants for your law firm to run completely without you! Within 6 weeks inside of our battle-tested and results-based implementation program, you will pack your calendar with high-quality meetings from qualified clients for your law firm.
You will outpace your direct competitors in your legal market with a reliable, consistent, and predictable system that will bring you clients 24/7 around the clock.
And… You OWN the entire system yourself!
Go to www.legalfunnel.com and see what lots of other attorneys have to say about this program.
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.