Today, my guest is Taylor Darcy. Taylor is a business attorney and small firm practitioner out of San Diego, California, who has been a longtime listener of the podcast here. I am delighted to have Taylor on the program. Today, we’re going to spend quite a bit of time talking about his journey, but maybe more to the point, Taylor is one of the biggest advocates and users of YouTube videos, particularly live YouTube video sessions, to market and promote his law firm and set it apart from others in the San Diego area. We get into the weeds about YouTube marketing, and YouTube content development. So I hope that’s important, useful information that you can turn around and using your practice.
In this episode, Neil and Taylor discuss:
- Creating a brand approach in naming your law firm.
- Marrying planning and action for your business success.
- Carrying prior experiences and careers into your law practice.
- Creative marketing that provides value.
- Hope and prayer is not a strategy for business. While it can be what you do as well, you must plan and do it in order to succeed in your business.
- Often the executives are no smarter than you are, they took a chance where you did not and took action where you sat back.
- Efficiencies, automation, and client experience can set you apart and make you competitive as a small or solo law firm.
- YouTube is the second most searched search engine in the world. It takes less time than you think and provides a largely untapped market that most lawyers do not venture into.
“If you’re providing good and meaningful content, people don’t care if you say ‘um’. People recognize that you’re a human being, and a lot of them are too afraid to do it themselves. They’re not going to judge you. Honestly, anybody that’s going to give you a hard time over your mistakes aren’t somebody that you’re going to want to work with anybody anyway.” — Taylor Darcy
Get in touch with Taylor Darcy:
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to http://ruby.com/ or call 844.311.7829
- Legal Funnels – You’re feeling overwhelmed, overworked, and you feel like you’re doing everything yourself because you lack the systems, procedures, and automations you need for your law firm to run without you…
We will set up automated systems and hire the best virtual assistants for your law firm to run completely without you! Within 6 weeks inside of our battle-tested and results-based implementation program, you will pack your calendar with high-quality meetings from qualified clients for your law firm.
You will outpace your direct competitors in your legal market with a reliable, consistent, and predictable system that will bring you clients 24/7 around the clock.
And… You OWN the entire system yourself!
Go to www.legalfunnel.com and see what lots of other attorneys have to say about this program.
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.