Today, my guest is Wendy Witt. Wendy is an attorney, starting another new law firm in the estate planning area, but she’s also well known as a law business practice development coach. There are a couple of amazing things that Wendy does in terms of the branding of her coaching practice, and the leveling of services that she offers. I think it’s really interesting and is not, frankly, done by a lot of coaches. This makes her unique and really accessible to solo and small firm practitioners, particularly those that don’t have a big budget to hire a coach. Listen in for some great takeaways!
In this episode, Neil and Wendy discuss:
- Adapting and changing within the practice of law.
- Transitioning from big law to a solo practice.
- Building a business that supports the life you dream of.
- Understanding your driving forces.
- Everything is a business, even helping people and practicing law.
- Business is a skill set that can be learned, and should be learned, by solo and small firm owners.
- There are so many resources, for free, out there for solo and small firm attorneys. You need to be willing to take the advice and change the sails to create the life that you want.
- How you get to your goal may not look like how someone else is getting to their goal. Everyone is different in their wants, strengths, and choices.
“Not only is the business strategy essential, but the mindset is also essential. It affects absolutely everything you do, the choices you make, the way you look at the world, how you interact with clients and your team, and so forth.” — Wendy Witt
Get in touch with Wendy Witt:
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to http://ruby.com/ or call 844.311.7829
- Legal Funnels – You’re feeling overwhelmed, overworked, and you feel like you’re doing everything yourself because you lack the systems, procedures, and automations you need for your law firm to run without you…
We will set up automated systems and hire the best virtual assistants for your law firm to run completely without you! Within 6 weeks inside of our battle tested and results-based implementation program, you will pack your calendar with high-quality meetings from qualified clients for your law firm.
You will outpace your direct competitors in your legal market with a reliable, consistent, and predictable system that will bring you clients 24/7 around the clock.
And… You OWN the entire system yourself!
Go to www.legalfunnel.com and see what lots of other attorneys have to say about this program.
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.