347. Standing Out with Leadership with Joe Musso
Today my guest is Joe Musso, a lawyer who has practiced for 25 years in nursing home abuse law. Now, we don’t often times talk about the substantive aspects of the legal profession on this podcast. But I have to say, I honestly believe that Joe is the first person in 347 episodes that I know of that practices exclusively nursing home abuse. We dive a little bit into what makes it different and challenging, as well as rewarding. Joe has also been mentoring attorneys, literally all of his legal profession, and has now launched his own coaching program. There are a couple of really interesting aspects of his approach to coaching that I think are really refreshing and really sets him apart from other coaches
In this episode, Neil and Joe discuss:
- Joe’s legal career in nursing home abuse law and his coaching practice.
- The need for more lawyers in nursing home abuse law.
- The technology needed to run a national law firm.
- Growing and developing lawyers.
- Nursing Home Abuse Law has fewer lawyers than most other areas and all of the lawyers have more cases than they can handle.
- Understanding the ins and outs of nursing home law is important, you don’t want your case turning from medical malpractice to a legal malpractice case.
- Have a client portal through your software that will allow your client to keep up to date on their cases – it will help you and your client.
- A lot of people are put into leadership positions but were never taught how to lead.
“[Learning coaching as a skill] is such a great investment for a lawyer, especially if you own a law firm. And even if it’s just the basics of coaching, on some level, that’s what you’re doing with your staff and your clients.” — Joe Musso
Get in touch with Joe Musso:
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to http://ruby.com/ or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.