348. Standing Out in a Hyper-Saturated Market with Shane McClelland
Today, my guest is Shane McClelland. Shane is a personal injury attorney in Katy, Texas, and Shane recently transitioned to a solo practice. He was in a partnership with some other attorneys before that, and before that big law. We talk about where he is as a solo practitioner and what he’s learned along the way. Some of those are lessons that all of us could benefit from, especially in this highly-competitive area of personal industry in a highly-competitive region of the country. It’s one of the places in the country that is rife with very experienced, and excellent personal injury attorneys, and the competition is stiff, so there’s a lot to be learned from somebody who’s competing in that market as a solo practitioner.
In this episode, Neil and Shane discuss:
- Lessons learned as a personal injury attorney.
- Running a solo law practice in the hyper-competitive market in Houston, TX.
- Utilizing tech to run your firm.
- Niching down and becoming known for what you do.
- It’s called an attorney-client relationship for a reason. Be creative with staying in touch with former clients, build relationships while you’re working with them, and stay top of mind with those clients.
- When you niche down, it doesn’t just have to be by area of law, it can also be geographical and it can have a huge, positive impact on your firm.
- The law is always changing, focusing in on one thing will allow you to become an expert in that area.
- Use tech that allows you to run your practice in the most efficient way for you, as well as in the best way for your clients to build that strong relationship is more likely to lead to referrals.
“I think what I would do differently is I would pick one thing, and then focus primarily on that one thing. The longer that I’m out on my own, and the more established we get, the more we’re narrowing in and focusing in on just the personal injury stuff.” — Shane McClelland
Get in touch with Shane McClelland:
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to http://ruby.com/ or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.