349. Be a Specialist with James Grant
Today, my guest is James Grant. James is the co-founder of Georgia Trial Attorneys, a pretty sizable law practice just outside of Atlanta that focuses on personal injury, but their firm is exclusively devoted to litigating personal injury cases. And so their referral partners, are other law firms that are doing the pre-litigation work, who aren’t able, for whatever reason, to resolve the case and have to put the matter into suit. That’s what James’ firm does and they’re very successful at it. We talk about that evolution, how he went from a practicing attorney as a prosecutor, and now how he and his partner have formed this very successful partnership in trial practice.
In this episode, Neil and James discuss:
- The evolution from a prosecutor to a litigation personal injury attorney.
- Helping other lawyers make more money with less stress.
- The virtualization of law firms.
- Utilizing technology for a litigation law firm with a virtual team.
- The skill set you need to run a pre-litigation personal injury practice is not the same, nor is the level of resources needed, if that case ends up going to trial.
- Everyone needs a unique value proposition.
- Clients don’t care about your physical location – they just want to have you be accessible and communicative.
- You can’t run a business on gut and feeling. You need to run a business on data and metrics. Your law firm is a business.
“The number one thing that we found is you have to be a specialist. The thing that I’ve always seen, whether it’s in entrepreneurship or in school, and pretty much in any station in life, if you dabble in a little bit of everything, you’re an expert in nothing.” — James Grant
Get in touch with James Grant:
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to http://ruby.com/ or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.