My guest today is David Neagle. He is a business consultant who doesn’t focus exclusively on legal clients but has a great many of them. We spend a fair amount of time talking about how the legal realm of business fits in with a general overall schema of how a business operates in this country and around the world. We drill down a little bit on some of the unique perspectives that he has from his background, and how the life he has lived has led him to lifelong learning and developing his skills as a business consultant. It’s a fascinating journey with a great story and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
In this episode, Neil and David discuss:
- Changing your attitude to change your life.
- David’s journey from high school dropout to successful coach.
- Differences in mindsets from childhood.
- Creating and understanding your vision for your business.
- The library is a space of learning and growth for free. You can read anything and apply what you learn and change your life.
- Without taking actionable steps on what you learn, you will not see the progress you are hoping to achieve.
- If you were raised in a middle-class family and want to be an entrepreneur, you must change your mindset around business and money.
- Not everyone wants to play the same role in their own businesses – there are distinct roles and, if you work with a coach, they need to understand what it is you do want to do.
“One of the most mature, courageous things any person in business can do is to admit where they’re not good, where they have no interest in becoming good, and learning how to find somebody that is way better than they are to do that specific piece.” — David Neagle
Get in touch with David Neagle:
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to http://ruby.com/ or call 844.311.7829
- Legal Funnels – You’re feeling overwhelmed, overworked, and you feel like you’re doing everything yourself because you lack the systems, procedures, and automation you need for your law firm to run without you…
We will set up automated systems and hire the best virtual assistants for your law firm to run completely without you! Within 6 weeks inside of our battle-tested and results-based implementation program, you will pack your calendar with high-quality meetings from qualified clients for your law firm.
You will outpace your direct competitors in your legal market with a reliable, consistent, and predictable system that will bring you clients 24/7 around the clock.
And… You OWN the entire system yourself!
Go to www.legalfunnel.com and see what lots of other attorneys have to say about this program.
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts & leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.