Today, my guest is Dara Rosenbaum. Dara is one of the founding partners of a firm out of New York called Rosenbaum and Taylor, and they represent individuals and businesses on a variety of legal issues, including contract negotiations and business disputes and all kinds of things having to do with business owners and entrepreneurs and solopreneurs. She counsels and advises them on transactional matters as well, and represents them in litigation and lawsuits. Dara and I met on a video socials website, which is a platform run by a gentleman who was on earlier podcast ours, and she has her own video podcast that she has launched. I wanted to have her on today, and we discuss her journey through the practice of law, the legal space, and how she’s become a business owner and a video marketing entrepreneur.
In this episode, Neil and Dara discuss:
- Dara’s evolution from law school to being a business law attorney.
- The early days of going out with a partner from a larger firm.
- Preparing to move from a large firm to your own practice.
- Growing your marketing and branding.
- When going out on your own, there are resources out there to take some of the burden from you as a new owner.
- Utilizing a PEO service (such as NexFirm) can give you a good grounding as you are learning to go out on your own.
- As your firm grows and evolves, you will likely need to adjust how the firm is run and the resources you are using to run that firm.
- Step out of your comfort zone. You never know what you will come to love and how it will grow your business.
“We realized, probably much later than many other people, that you need to have an online presence, not just a website. People have to be able to see what you’re doing, learn who you are, and find you in places that aren’t necessarily getting to your website somehow.” — Dara Rosenbaum
Get in touch with Dara Rosenbaum:
Compelling Conversations Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/3v66xoV5zZCh9PGSpCtkd4
Video Socials: https://videosocials.net/
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to callruby.com/lawentrepreneur or call 844.895.7829
- Coach Rockwell – Mark Rockwell works with lawyers who are frustrated by their inability to scale up and become more profitable. He helps them create their vision, and implement an operating platform that builds healthy, thriving law firms. Reach out to him at email@example.com or 503.784.7205
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.