Today my guest is A.J. Grossman, III. A.J. is the owner of a law firm in Orlando, Florida that specializes in and focuses exclusively on the area of family law. We trace his journey from law school to getting an LLM in dispute resolution to opening a practice with his wife (which presents its own challenges) to going back into big law and then coming back out of big law, but opening up his current iteration of family law called Leap Frog Divorce and he’s got some great observations about all that transition from one step to another. Listen in for another great episode.
In this episode, Neil and A.J. discuss:
- How A.J. got into family law and how his LLM helps him in his practice.
- Working in a field of law that you enjoy and practicing in a way that you believe in.
- Transitioning between big law and your own practice.
- Having a consistent message and understanding of how marketing can help your firm.
- Family law often gets a bad reputation, but it is about making your clients’ lives better at the end of the day.
- Everybody has a different story and each story is unique.
- When working with your spouse, it is important to communicate with one another on what is needed to now allow only work to take over your personal life.
- Be willing to be different. In other industries, people stand out with unique branding, in both name and image. Do the same thing in your firm.
“I’m trying to deliver a better divorce experience – better for children, better for the spouses. I’m trying to deliver an experience that focuses a lot more on people as people rather than just The Facts of their situation and applying the law.” — A.J. Grossman III
Get in touch with A.J. Grossman III:
Thank you to our sponsors!
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.