I’m really excited to have Joshua Lastine on the show today. Joshua is an entertainment law attorney, and as many of you know, I’m connected to the entertainment industry through my daughter who is a professional actress at the musical theatre world on the west coast. So I’ve seen a lot of what goes on in the entertainment world from the performers side and from the creative side, but very little about what is behind the curtain on the legal side. Joshua has worked with all the big entities in that arena. He started his practice right after the pandemic and he has built that up and three years since was built into a thriving entertainment law practice. So it’s a great opportunity for me to talk about two things that I like a lot, solo and small firm practitioners and the entertainment industry. And there’s no better representative of that intersection than Joshua Lastine. I hope you enjoy.
In this episode, Neil and Joshua discuss:
- Overcoming adversity in entertainment and/or law.
- Tenacity and anti-fragility.
- Starting a solo practice during lockdown.
- Maintaining relationships to stay top of mind.
- Life is about leveling up and the journey it takes to get there, not the final location.
- It takes different types of lawyers for different types of work that need to be done. If someone declines working with you, it would just be a different personality match.
- Network early in your law school experience, especially if you know what area of law you are looking to go into.
- Find a way to organize your contacts into different levels of importance to you and your business and make sure to stay in contact with and top of mind for those people.
“For every battle I have, I just gain that much more experience and become that much better of an attorney.” — Joshua Lastine
Get in touch with Joshua Lastine:
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to https://get.ruby.com/TLE or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.