Today, my guest is Alexandra Watkins. Alexandra has a company based around her website, EatMyWords.com – which you’ll understand once you listen to the podcast – she is a naming specialist, that nuanced and niched aspect of copywriting where people come up with names for companies, services, and products (you ever heard of the Baconator from Wendy’s? Well, Alexandra is the one who named it). We have a delightful conversation about brand names she’s developed for law firms. As we think about branding, or even rebranding our law firms, it’s never really been easier to do that if you’re so inclined. This is an important topic to cover, and Alexandra shares some great information.
In this episode, Neil and Alexandra discuss:
- Naming and branding your law firm.
- Creating a marketable and sellable brand for your firm.
- How SMILE and SCRATCH can help you select the best name for your firm.
- Creative strategies for making your name pop.
- If your name is difficult, you may not want to name your firm after yourself – it can be hard for potential clients to find you if they can’t spell it.
- If a name makes you scratch your head, scratch it off your list.
- People remember words and names that they have an association with.
- If you’re buying a domain with a difficultly spelled word, buy the common misspellings as well and have them redirect to your correct website.
“Your name shouldn’t be ambiguous. Nothing about your business should be ambiguous.” — Alexandra Watkins
Get in touch with Alexandra Watkins:
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to https://get.ruby.com/TLE or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.