Today my guest is Karl Seelbach. Karl is an attorney down near Austin, TX with a very interesting practice in which he defends or works with corporate clients that have the option of opting out of worker’s comp (and self-insuring, so to speak) which creates a really interesting opportunity, and I think has a lot of pluses and some minuses to it. So I enjoyed exploring that with him. He’s also the co-founder of a company called Skribe.ai. They seek to revolutionize the video deposition world with the introduction of AI tools to help create an efficient and effective way of doing depositions in this modern legal landscape. It’s a fascinating discussion, and it addresses a lot of other concerns and issues I had when I was a litigator doing deposition. I hope you enjoy.
In this episode, Neil and Karl discuss:
- Why Karl started his firm and Skribe.ai.
- Changing business from the beginning of your firm to having a more established firm.
- Introducing and implementing new tech at your firm and with your team.
- Using technology to improve your law firm.
- If you are starting out, you need to get your name out there and be willing to hit the pavement.
- Sometimes lowering your rate will get you the work that you want, which can help to reel in larger work later down the road.
- If you are trying to find the truth, you will be taking many depositions. Using technology to keep them all straight and organized can cut down on the amount of time you are using to review and take them.
- Using a program like Skribe.ai will allow you to get video deposition, with a transcript for less money and more quickly which can empower attorneys and better serve clients.
“I’ve always been very tech-forward…We’re always looking for new tools to help us be more efficient.” — Karl Seelbach
- The Power of a System by John Fisher
Get in touch with Karl Seelbach:
Email: email@example.com – Email Karl and mention the podcast to get a discount and some credits to try out Skribe.ai for yourself!
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to https://get.ruby.com/TLE or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.