I am pleased to welcome back, Janet Falk. While we talked previously about PR in episode 199, in our conversation today, we’re going to talk about another aspect of services that she provides – marketing and communications services. Specifically, we’re going to address the 25 things you should do to get the most out of the next conference you go to, whether it’s a legal conference, a bar association meeting, or some other public event where you’re going to be in and around people. Janet has a lot of great tips, but there are a couple that really blew me away that I think are completely exceptional and really relevant for us, as solo practitioners.
In this episode, Neil and Janet discuss:
- How public relations has changed in a post-COVID world.
- Understanding who might be a good networking contact for you.
- Building a better business card (or business card substitute).
- Maximizing your time at the conference (hint – it requires pre-prep and follow-up).
- You need to be available and present in the spaces people are in – comment on LinkedIn, connect through the virtual world, and be willing to meeting digitally.
- While the speakers are great, connect with others who are attending the conference – get to know them and use it as a networking opportunity. There is value in the transition periods and socials.
- Finding commonalities with other people is a great way to introduce yourself and make an initial connection with someone you’re wanting to meet or reconnect with.
- Turn off devices and strike up conversations with those around you. There are opportunities all around you at conferences if you are open and aware of them. Alternately, use your device to take selfies with others as a later connection point.
“I think that a lot of people would do well to have, either in addition to or as a substitute for a business card, this business card sized item that they can give away.” — Janet Falk
Get your Falk Four-Panel Business Card Giveaway PDF Here! – https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/e1iymlm11v0mfa9dpqnzb/Falk-Four-Panel-Business-Card-Giveaway-Attorney.pdf?rlkey=z8syqqfk9t0patpu0xnbvjzii&dl=0
Get in touch with Janet Falk:
If you missed it, check out the previous episode with Janet here! https://thelawentrepreneur.com/episodes/ep-199-how-to-grow-your-practice-using-public-relations-with-janet-falk/
Thank you to our sponsors!
- Ruby Receptionist – Virtual receptionist & live call services that will help you grow your office (and save money), one call at a time – to learn more, go to https://get.ruby.com/TLE or call 844.311.7829
- The Net Profit CFO – Ryan Kimler works with attorneys who want to enjoy higher net profits without working longer or harder. With just 9 Simple Numbers, Ryan will help you drive more profit to your bottom line-and he won’t confuse you with all the details! Connect with Ryan at www.netprofitcfo.com.
Get in touch with Neil:
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast, please head to Apple Podcasts and leave a rating & review for the show! It only takes a moment, and really helps me to reach new listeners. You can also head to the website at TheLawEntrepreneur.com for more information on the podcast and my legal services.
Show notes by Podcastologist Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.